It is a legal requirement under the “Health & Safety at Work Order 1978” (Northern Ireland) that all employers ensure, where reasonable, the Health, Safety & Welfare at work of his/her employees. Regulation 13 of the Management of Health & Safety at Work regulations (Northern Ireland) 2000 states: “Every employer shall ensure that his employees are provided with appropriate health and safety training”.
£45 + VAT
To provide employees in a working environment with an understanding of health and safety that will enable them to confidently adhere to all policies within his/her organisation, work in a safe manner as well as contribute to any risk assessment based health and safety management system.
Successful completion of the course will enable employees to understand –
- Health and Safety requirements placed on employers and employees
- Hazard and Risk and the main causes of harm to workers.
- Health, Safety and Welfare provisions within the workplace environment
- Importance of following safe systems of work, procedures and rules.
- Hazard and controls in respect to both safety and occupational health risks
- What actions can reduce risks to health and safety.
Minimum of 6 hours, usually covered in 1 full day of training.
Assessment is made by the completion of a 1-hour written test, consisting of 30 multiple choice questions. Candidates must achieve a minimum score in this examination in order to receive the qualification.
No set requirement on numbers, however this will be agreed between the discretion of the trainer and needs of the company/candidates seeking the training.
The qualification can be delivered in your establishment subject to a pre-course assessment of the training venue. This is to assist with making the training more efficient and less travelling requirements for yourself for the course. We can also organise training venues and this would be added on to the overall cost for the training.