It is a legal requirement under the Health & Safety at Work (Northern Ireland) order 1978 to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work for all employees. Under the Health & Safety First Aid regulations, employers shall provide persons, training, facilities and equipment to render first aid to their employees should they become injured or ill at work. This is also applicable to non-employees and service users/general members of the public.
3 Days: Mon 5th July, Tues 6th July & Wed 7 July
- Legalities, RIDDOR, Reporting
- Disorders of Consciousness
- Action in an emergency
- Eye irrigation
- Recognition of Illness
- Primary and Secondary Assessments
- Transportation of Casualties
- Treatment for bleeding, fractures, head injuries, burns, allergic reactions, choking and more…
- Resuscitation & CPR techniques
- Recovery position
All candidates will undergo both theory and practical assessment throughout the 3 days, conducted by 2 professionally qualified trainers who have not been involved in the course. Once successfully completed, each candidate will be awarded with a First Aid at Work certificate which has to be renewed WITHIN 3 years of issue date.